INFORMATION: College Scholarship
To provide a scholarship to a graduating high school senior or to a student attending an accredited university, college or community college, undergraduate or graduate school program who is interested in pursuing a career in the public assembly facility management and/or related field.
Recipient will receive $1000 by September 1 of the calendar year that the scholarship winner is determined.
All members of the public are eligible and invited to apply, including FFMA members’ dependents.
Students attending any accredited university, college or community college within the state of Florida (or to students who are residents of Florida and enrolled in any accredited university, college or community college in a state other than Florida), including graduating high school seniors who have been accepted to attend such an institution and students currently attending such an institution who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, are eligible for the scholarship. Students are eligible for the College Scholarship only once, however they may be awarded other FFMA scholarships.
- Eligible candidates must have maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average in their last two years of school (applicants are required to include the appropriate transcripts verifying this average with the application).
- Statement of financial need.
- One letter of recommendation from instructors or employers (non-family members).
- Career objective. Among otherwise equal applicants, preference will be given to those expressing interest in the public assembly facility management field and to those enrolled in degree programs that are viewed as particularly relevant to this field (e.g., event, facility or sports administration, hospitality management, art administration, tourism, business administration, etc.).
- A typed, one page essay expressing applicant’s career goals and interests in the public assembly industry.
- Students who are residents of Florida and are attending a university, college or community college undergraduate or graduate school program in a state other than Florida must provide a copy of their Florida driver’s license along with the application.
- Properly completed application.
Completed applications including official high school and/or college transcripts and other required materials must be received no later than April 21, 2017
Complete the application online and it will automatically be sent to the Scholarship Committee. If you choose to print and mail, send to:
University of South Florida Athletics
4202 East Fowler Ave
Tampa, FL 33620